Rooftop solar refers to the practice of installing photovoltaic (PV) panels on the roofs of commercial, industrial, and multi-residential buildings. Rooftop solar is one option for companies to maximize their total power generation. Rooftops are an ideal location for PV installations as they present a number of advantages over ground-mounted solar:
Rooftop Solar is a Great Investment for Homeowners
Even if you don’t have a green thumb, Rooftop solar is an investment worth making. Rooftop solar provides homeowners with clean energy and can help to lower utility bills for years into the future. Rooftop Solar panels also generate electricity at peak hours when demand is highest meaning that the power generated will most likely be used in your household instead of being fed back into the grid.
Rooftop solar could be the best way to cut your electricity bill
Rooftop solar can reduce electricity bills greatly. Rooftop Solar panels will also generate free energy for your home (that you’ll need during the day).
In many states, electric companies are required to enter into contracts with customers who produce their own power through Rooftop solar. This is called net metering. Rooftop solar is an investment in your home’s future and a way to reduce the carbon footprint of electricity.
This means that for every kilowatt hour (kWh) you generate, you’ll get credit from your utility company for one kWh consumed at night when it counts most! This allows Rooftop Solar owners to sell any excess power they generate back into the grid during peak hours (usually around noon).
Unlike traditional solar, rooftop solar doesn’t require any installation process and is ready to use right away. Rooftop solar is also more affordable and easier to install than traditional solar panels. Rooftop Solar installation can be done by homeowners with a few simple steps:
- Mark the placement for each panel using chalk on the roofing shingles
- Remove any dirt or debris from designated area then clean off your roof, removing bird droppings if necessary to ensure good contact between panels and rooftop surface. Use a hose, pressure washer or other device specified by manufacturer
- Align mounting rails at desired angle on top of rafters or joists in positions marked earlier (level) so that they are perpendicular with one side towards north facing south
- Attach brackets as per instructions provided by manufacturer – this should include a mounting bracket for each panel, screws and anchors
- Attach a grounding wire to the Rooftop Solar. Rooftops solar panels are connected in series so it is important that they all be grounded together
- Connect Rooftop Solar Panel’s cable end with circuit breaker or fuse box inside your home
- Check voltage level on Rooftop Solar Panels (should read 120V) – if not adjust accordingly then add any required spacers between panels as needed to ensure no light is visible from space of one inch or less separating them. Securely fasten brackets using provided screws and tighten until square shape appears
Rooftop Solar Increase Property Value
Installing rooftop solar will increase the value of your property. Rooftop Solar panels are more affordable than ever and Rental property owners can contribute up to $20,000 per rental home.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) estimates that rooftop solar has the potential to generate as much as 20% of all electricity in the US by 2050 which is a huge step towards reducing our carbon footprint!
Rooftop solar can provide additional value by enhancing the aesthetic appeal and market valuation of a building. Rooftop solar systems are an excellent way to enhance the appearance of any building, including offices, warehouses, industrial facilities, retail stores and malls. Rooftop Solar Can Present Opportunity For Brand Messaging Rooftop signs and banners allow companies to place their brand logos in high traffic areas that have high visibility from surrounding roads or neighboring buildings.Last modified: July 28, 2021